Aaron coated the entire coop in black paint because we had a bunch of paint leftover and then started adding colors to the coop. The base coat of black combined with colors like copper made the chicken coop look like a haunted halloween house. Even though he spent a lot of time working with the black paint, it just wasn't what either one of us wanted. The thought of my chickens becoming crazy chicken killers did not sit well with me… So, we got out all of our paint and decided on different colors. Since we have been doing lots of painting over the year, we had many different colors. We used white, yellow, light green and copper paint. When I say we, I really mean Aaron (he did all the painting). It turned out amazing!
We planned on putting wire on the bottom of the coop and set it about 6-10 inches off the ground. Our idea was that this would be easier than finding a level area. Luckily we found a spot that is mostly level and I think will work. We need to move the coop to this spot and get some chickens. Not long now!